You can download and archive this document in PDF format by clicking here. To open the PDF file, you can use the free software Adobe Reader (available on www.adobe.ie) or a similar program that can handle PDF files
Clarins places great importance on the protection of user’s privacy and its obligations in accordance with the legal provisions in force.
Clarins UK Ltd whose registered office is 10 Cavendish Place, London W1G 9DN, United Kingdom is data controller for the website www.clarins.co.uk.
2When do we collect your information?
We collect personal information from you when:
- you visit our website;
- you create an account on our website;
- you make a purchase or a reservation on our website or in certain approved points of sale of our distribution network;
- you subscribe to one of our newsletters;
- you sign up for one of our loyalty programs;
- you participate in special operations, in particular games, competitions, product tests, customers surveys or market researches;
- you share content on social networks such as Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest or Twitter using the hashtag #clarins or other hashtags we offer;
- you are visiting one of our Spa or some approved points of sale of our distribution network;
- you contact us, in particular when you call or submit a request or a complaint to our Customer Service teams, when you rate or review our products and/or services or when you chat with other visitors in real time;
- you have given your consent to third parties to send us personal information about you.
3What information do we collect about you?
We consider that all information that could identify you directly or indirectly are "personal information". We may mainly collect the following personal information:
- information about your identity, in particular your gender, last name, first names, address, telephone numbers, email address, username and password, date of birth or age;
- information about your payment method, in particular your credit card number and the expiration date;
- information about our commercial transactions, in particular transaction numbers, history of your purchases, your request or your communications with our Customer Service team, your preferences and interests or information about one of our loyalty program;
- content information such as photos, videos, ratings, reviews, comments ;
- information about wellness or health (beauty concern, skin type, skin sensitivity, contraindications, etc.) subject to your prior and explicit consent, in particular for cosmetovigilance or when asking for a beauty prescription Clarins or a treatment Clarins in one of our Spa;
- information about your social media accounts (username, caption information, location, etc.), uploads and posts when you share content or use the hashtag #clarins or other hashtags we offer;
- recordings of telephone conversations to offer the best quality of service, in particular for the purpose of staff training and appraisal;
- technical information, in particular your IP address or information about how your device navigates through our website;
- other information you provide when you contact us or we have received from external providers.
4 Why is your personal information collected?
Personal information may be collected mainly for the following purposes:
- Website administration and improvement of the quality of service. (Legitimate interests);
- Processing of your orders (orders, deliveries, invoices, after sales service, etc.). (Performance of a contract);
- Customer Relationship Management (CRM), in particular to help us get to know you better and to provide you with personalized offers about our products and services (in particular by email, by SMS, on social networks or any other medium and by displaying targeted ads on websites and on social networks), to manage your membership to our Loyalty program (Consent). For these purposes, we may perform segmentation operations based on your preferences, interests and purchases behavior, analyse your browsing and requests on our website or perform any other actions to better qualify our database (Consent or Legitimate interests). For example, we may import certain encrypted data (email or phone number) on third-party platforms to check if you already had an interaction with our brands and/or are likely to be interested by our products and services and to provide you with personalized advertising on social networks using retargeting features. Creating an account allows us to personalize your customer experience but you can also place an order using the Guest Check Out option;
- Carrying out analyses and business statistics to anticipate market changes (business intelligence, data visualization, etc.), measuring your satisfaction and R&D (Legitimate interests);
- Measurement of the performance of affiliate campaigns (Consent); Social interaction (Consent);
- Processing your requests and complaints (Consent);
- Managing undesirable effects related to the use of our products (Cosmetovigilance), carrying out studies concerning the safety of use of our products and exercise of your rights (keeping an opt-out list) (Legal obligation);
- As otherwise permitted by law and/or notified to you from time to time.
5 Do we disclose your personal information?
We never sell nor rent your personal information to other companies for marketing purposes.
It may also be shared with service providers chosen for their expertise and reliability and acting on our behalf and at our direction (order processing and fulfilment, secure payment, customer service management, maintenance and technical development operations, rate and reviews, analytics, spam prevention, management of digital campaigns and affiliation, etc.). We authorize these service providers to use your personal information only to the extent necessary to perform services on our behalf or to comply with legal requirements and we strive to ensure that your personal information is always protected.
These third parties may be located in or out of the European Economic Area (EEA), including in countries that do not provide the same level of data protection as in your country of residence. In such a case, we will ensure that:
- we obtain your unambiguous consent to share your personal information with these third parties,
- we enter into appropriate data transfer agreements conforming to the Standard Model
Clauses established by the European Commission,
- we comply with Binding Corporate Rules (BCR) approved by competent authorities.
Finally, we may also transmit your personal information to local authorities if required by law or as part of an investigation and in accordance with applicable regulations.
6 How will we protect the information about you?
Clarins takes appropriate technical and organizational measures, in relation to the nature of data and risks, to preserve the security and confidentiality of your personal information and, in particular, to prevent them from being altered, disclosed or transmitted to any unauthorized parties.
This may include practices such as limited access by members of staff who, by virtue of their duties, are authorized to access data, contractual guarantees in case of third-party provider, privacy impact assessments, internal reviews of our practices and privacy policies and/or implementation of physical and/or systematic security measures (secure access, authentication process, backup, antivirus, firewall, pseudonymization, encryption, etc.).
7What is our policy on minors?
This website is not aimed at minors.
We do not knowingly collect nor process personal information from minors. Assuming we would have knowledge of the collection of personal information from minors without prior authorization from the holder of the parental responsibility, we will take appropriate measures to contact the person and/or, if necessary, to delete this personal data from our servers and/or those of our service providers.
8 What is our cookies (and other tracking technologies) policy?
For more information on our Cookies Policy.
9 How is the contents you share on social networks using our hashtags managed?
You can choose to use our hashtags to tag your content on social networks such as Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest or Twitter.
By using these hashtags, you acknowledge and agree that your content may appear on our website and be used to refer to our products or services.
We remind you that the information you share on social networks can be consulted, used and saved by others around the world, in particular in countries without legislation guaranteeing an adequate level of protection of your personal information as defined in your country of residence.
We also draw your attention to the fact that when you submit content using one of our hashtags, your use of social networks is exclusively governed by the general conditions of these social networks. We invite you to read it and to refer to it regularly.
If you no longer want your content to appear on our site, please remove it from the social network or stop using hashtags.
10 For how long is your personal data kept?
As a general rule:
- Customer / prospect data will be kept for three years from the date of collection or after the last contact or the end of the commercial relationship, unless it is opposed or requested to be deleted by you. At the end of this three-year period, we may make contact with you again in order to find out whether or not you wish to continue to receive marketing approaches. If no clear positive answer is given by you, your data will be deleted or archived in accordance with the provisions in force.
- Data relating to identity documents may be kept for one year in the event of exercise of your rights.
- Data on credit cards will be deleted after the transaction or archived for evidence purposes in accordance with the provisions in force. Subject to your express consent, banking data may be kept until the expiration date of the credit card. We never store your visual cryptogram.
- Data necessary for carrying out analyses and business statistics can be kept for up to five years.
- Data to prove a right or a contract or kept under compliance with a legal obligation can be archived in accordance with the provisions in force.
11 What are your rights regarding your personal information and how do you contact us?
If you give us your email address, phone number or mailing address, you may receive emails, calls or periodic messages from us about our products, services or upcoming events. You can unsubscribe at any time from our mailing lists by contacting us at the address below, by following the link "unsubscribe" contained in each of our emails or by replying "STOP" to one of our SMS. You can also change your preferences at any time in your account.
In accordance with the provisions in force, you have a right to access, rectification, erasure and data portability of your personal data as well as a right to object and restriction of processing. You can also withdraw your consent at any time. To exercise these rights, you must send us a request by justifying your identity:
- E-mailing a request to the Customer Service;
- By writing to the following address:
CLARINS U.K. LIMITED
10 Cavendish Place
London W1G 9DN
You will be informed of the actions to be taken as soon as possible and in any case no later than one month after your request. However, we reserve the right not to respond to unfounded or vexatious requests.
In accordance with the provisions in force, you can also file a complaint with the competent authority responsible for data protection or lodge an appeal if your data are misused.
The Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO)
Water Lane, Wycliffe House
Wilmslow - Cheshire SK9 5AF
CLARINS U.K. LIMITED
10 Cavendish Place
London W1G 9DN
Director of Human Resources
Direction Juridique / Délégué à la Protection des
12 avenue de la Porte des Ternes
12 Skin Spa & BeautyBAR Online Booking Privacy Statement
We use a third party, unaffiliated company, NDevor Systems Ltd (T/A Phorest), to help us maintain and operate the professional treatments booking system. This third party agency will have access to your personal information for customer relationship management purposes.
Personal & sensitive data collected
- Email address
- Telephone number
- Postcode (optional)
- Medical consultation details
This information is collected so that you can make a treatment booking. Your preferred contact method will be required, which Phorest will store on your behalf to allow us to contact you regarding your booking. The medical consultation details are kept strictly confidential and will not be used in any communications. These questions are asked to ensure you are offered a personalised service based on your preference and needs, to allow the Therapist to adapt the treatment if necessary.
Disclosure of personal data
Your personal information is used for Clarins’ internal business purposes only. Clarins does not sell, rent or lease your personal information to independent third parties. We use your personal information to identify account holders, open and maintain accounts, process, service and enforce transactions, send related communications to customers and to provide customer services and support.
Use of personal data
Should Phorest be required to do so, Clarins may also disclose your personal information in connection with a legal claim or investigation. The Phorest online booking service is transactional at point of booking a treatment and card details are obtained as part of their legal obligation for accounting and tax purposes.
If you choose to opt in to hear from Clarins, you will receive relevant brand marketing. If you do not wish to receive any communications please opt out of our marketing communications and you will no longer receive our marketing material, however may be contacted in relation to your booking.
If you receive information about our products from another company, Clarins has no control over the use of your data. You will need to contact the company that delivered the email to opt out of marketing communications.
Opting out of email communication
At any time, you may opt out of Clarins email communications through the unsubscribe link in our emails, including any booking confirmation email. Alternatively, please speak to any of our in-store teams or our customer relations team to ask them to amend your details on your profile.
Sale of treatment services to children
Clarins do not permit the sale of its Skin Spa or BeautyBAR treatments to minors under the age of sixteen. Customers under the age of sixteen will not be able to book online.
Changes to our Privacy Statement
As we strive to improve our products and services, we may revise our Privacy statement from time to time. We encourage you to periodically consult this Privacy statement. If there are updates they will be posted to this Privacy page on our website along with the effective date of the revision. In the event of any significant changes to our Privacy statement, Clarins will notify affected customers by email.