1 - Introduction
Clarins places great importance on the protection of user’s privacy and its obligations in accordance with the legal provisions in force.
Clarins UK Ltd whose registered office is 10 Cavendish Place, London W1G 9DN, United Kingdom and Clarins SAS whose registered office is located 9 rue du Commandant Pilot, 92200 Neuilly-sur-Seine, France are joint data controllers for the website www.clarins.co.uk.
2 - When do we collect your information?
We collect personal information from you when:
- you visit our website;
- you create an account on our website;
- you make a purchase or a reservation on our website or in certain approved points of sale of our distribution network;
- you subscribe to our newsletters;
- you sign up for one of our loyalty programes;
- you participate in special operations, in particular games, competitions, product tests, customers surveys or market researches;
- you share content on social networks such as Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest or Twitter using the hashtag #clarins or other hashtags we offer;
- you are visiting one of our Spa or some approved points of sale of our distribution network;
- you contact us, in particular when you call or submit a request or a complaint to our Customer Service teams, when you rate or review our products and/or services or when you chat with other visitors in real time;
- you have a consultation or make a purchase in store at one of our counters, Skin Spa’s or Beauty Bars;
- you have given your consent to third parties to send us personal information about you.
3 - What information do we collect about you?
We consider that all information that could identify you directly or indirectly are "personal information". We may mainly collect the following personal information:
- information about your identity, in particular your gender, last name, first names, address, telephone numbers, email address, usernames and passwords, date of birth or age;
- information about your payment method, in particular your credit card number and the expiration date;
- information about our commercial transactions, in particular transaction numbers, history of your purchases, your request or your communications with our Customer Service team, your preferences and interests, your activity on the web or information about one of our loyalty program;
- content information (photos, videos, reviews, comments, etc.);
- information about wellness (beauty concerns, skin type, skin sensitivity, contraindications, etc.) subject to your prior and explicit consent, in particular for cosmetovigilance or when asking for a beauty prescription Clarins or a treatment Clarins in one of our Spas;
- information about your social media accounts (username, caption information, location, etc.), uploads and posts when you share content or use the hashtag #clarins or other hashtags we offer;
- recordings of telephone conversations to offer the best quality of service, in particular for the purpose of staff training and appraisal;
- technical information, in particular your IP address or information about how your device navigates through our website;
- other information you provide when you contact us or we have received from external providers.
4 - Why is your personal information collected?
Personal information may be collected mainly for the following purposes:
- Website administration and improvement of the quality of service. This processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interest referred to above;
- Processing of your orders (orders, deliveries, invoices, after sales service, etc.). This processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are party;
- Customer Relationship Management (CRM), in particular to help us get to know you better and to provide you with personalised offers about our products and services (in particular by email, by SMS, on social networks or any other medium and by displaying targeted ads on websites and on social networks), to manage your membership to our Loyalty program and to analyse and anticipate market trends in order to best meet your needs. For these purposes, we may perform segmentation operations based on your preferences, interests and purchasing behavior, analyse your browsing and requests on our website or perform any other actions to better qualify our database.
- For example, we may use re-targeting features and import on Facebook a list including encrypted data (email or phone number) to identify users who already had an interaction with our brands and/or are likely to be interested by our products and services and to provide them with personalized advertising on social networks. Creating an account allows us to personalise your customer experience but you can also place an order using the Guest Check Out option.This processing is made with your consent or is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interest referred to above;
- Allocation of an advertisement to a particular commercial transaction for billing of affiliation campaigns. This processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interest referred to above;
- Social interaction. This processing is made with your consent;
- Managing your request (samples, advice, participation in a promotional operation, complaints, right to access, rectify, oppose and remove, etc.). This processing is necessary to process your request;
- As otherwise permitted by law and/or if we need to notify to you from time to time.
5 – Do we disclose your personal information?
We never sell nor rent your personal information to other companies for marketing purposes.
Clarins is an international group that operates in many countries. The personal information we are collecting about you will be used by us and is likely to be communicated to other Clarins Group companies if necessary and in particular to our parent company in France and/or our subsidiaries in France, South Africa, Germany, Australia, Austria, Benelux, Canada, China, South Korea, Dubai, Spain, Kong, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Malaysia, Mexico, Portugal, Russia, Singapore, Switzerland, United Kingdom and Taiwan.
It may also be shared with service providers chosen for their expertise and reliability and acting on our behalf and at our direction (order processing and fulfilment, secure payment, customer service management, maintenance and technical development operations, rate and reviews, analytics, spam prevention, management of digital campaigns and affiliation, etc.). We authorise these service providers to use your personal information only to the extent necessary to perform services on our behalf or to comply with legal requirements and we strive to ensure that your personal information is always protected.
These third parties may be located in or out of the European Economic Area (EEA), including in countries that do not provide the same level of data protection as in your country of residence. In such a case, we will ensure that:
- we obtain your unambiguous consent to share your personal information with these third parties;
- we enter into appropriate data transfer agreements conforming to the Standard Model Clauses established by the European Commission;
- we comply with Binding Corporate Rules (BCR) approved by competent authorities;
Finally, we may also transmit your personal information to local authorities if required by law or as part of an investigation and in accordance with applicable regulations.
6 - How will we protect the information about you?
Clarins takes appropriate technical and organisational measures, in relation to the nature of data and risks, to preserve the security and confidentiality of your personal information and, in particular, to prevent them from being altered, disclosed or transmitted to any unauthorised parties.
This may include practices such as limited access by members of staff who, by virtue of their duties, are authorised to access data, contractual guarantees in case of third-party provider, privacy impact assessments, internal reviews of our practices and privacy policies and/or implementation of physical and/or systematic security measures (secure access, authentication process, backup, antivirus, firewall, etc.).
7 - What is our policy on minors?
This website www.clarins.co.uk is not aimed at minors.
We do not knowingly collect nor process personal information from minors. Assuming we would have knowledge of the collection of personal information from minors without prior authorisation from the holder of the parental responsibility, we will take appropriate measures to contact the person and, if necessary, to delete this personal data from our servers and/or those of our service providers.
8 – What is our cookies policy?
9 - How is the content you share on social networks using our hashtags managed?
10 - For how long is your data kept?
- Customer / prospect data will be kept for three years from the date of collection or after the last contact or the end of the commercial relationship, unless it is opposed or requested to be deleted by you. At the end of this three-year period, we may make contact with you again in order to find out whether or not you wish to continue to receive marketing approaches. If no clear positive answer is given by you, your data will be deleted or archived in accordance with the provisions in force.
Data relating to identity documents may be kept for one year in the event of exercise of your rights.
Data on credit cards will be deleted after the transaction or archived for evidence purposes in accordance with the provisions in force. Subject to your express consent, banking data may be kept until the expiration date of the credit card. We never store your visual cryptogram.
Data to prove a right or a contract, or kept under compliance with a legal obligation can be archived in accordance with the provisions in force.
Recordings of telephone conversations may be kept for up to six months.
11 - What are your rights regarding your personal information and how do you contact us?
If you give us your email address, phone number or mailing address, you may receive emails, calls or periodic messages from us about our products, services or upcoming events. You can unsubscribe at any time from our mailing lists by contacting us at the address below or by following the link "unsubscribe" contained in each of our emails. You can also change your preferences at any time in your account.
In accordance with the provisions in force, you have a right to access, rectification, erasure and data portability of your personal data as well as a right to object and restriction of processing. You can also withdraw your consent at any time. To exercise these rights, you must send us a request by justifying your identity:
- E-mailing a request to the Customer Service team
- By writing to the following address:
CLARINS U.K. LIMITED
10 Cavendish Place
London W1G 9DN
You will be informed of the actions to be taken as soon as possible and in any case no later than one month after your request. However, we reserve the right not to respond to unfounded or vexatious requests.
In accordance with the provisions in force, you can also file a complaint with the competent authority responsible for data protection or lodge an appeal if your data are misused.
CLARINS U.K. LIMITED
10 Cavendish Place
London W1G 9DN
Director of Human Resources
Direction Juridique / Délégué à la Protection des
12 avenue de la Porte des Ternes
Skin Spa & BeautyBAR Online Booking Privacy Statement
We use a third party, unaffiliated company, NDevor Systems Ltd (T/A Phorest), to help us maintain and operate the professional treatments booking system. This third party agency will have access to your personal information for customer relationship management purposes.
Personal & sensitive data collected
- Email address
- Telephone number
- Postcode (optional)
- Medical consultation details
This information is collected so that you can make a treatment booking. Your preferred contact method will be required, which Phorest will store on your behalf to allow us to contact you regarding your booking. The medical consultation details are kept strictly confidential and will not be used in any communications. These questions are asked to ensure you are offered a personalised service based on your preference and needs, to allow the Therapist to adapt the treatment if necessary.
Disclosure of personal data
Your personal information is used for Clarins’ internal business purposes only. Clarins does not sell, rent or lease your personal information to independent third parties. We use your personal information to identify account holders, open and maintain accounts, process, service and enforce transactions, send related communications to customers and to provide customer services and support.
Use of personal data
Should Phorest be required to do so, Clarins may also disclose your personal information in connection with a legal claim or investigation. The Phorest online booking service is transactional at point of booking a treatment and card details are obtained as part of their legal obligation for accounting and tax purposes.
If you choose to opt in to hear from Clarins, you will receive relevant brand marketing. If you do not wish to receive any communications please opt out of our marketing communications and you will no longer receive our marketing material, however may be contacted in relation to your booking.
If you receive information about our products from another company, Clarins has no control over the use of your data. You will need to contact the company that delivered the email to opt out of marketing communications.
Opting out of email communication
At any time, you may opt out of Clarins email communications through the unsubscribe link in our emails, including any booking confirmation email. Alternatively, please speak to any of our in-store teams or our customer relations team to ask them to amend your details on your profile.
Sale of treatment services to children
Clarins do not permit the sale of its Skin Spa or BeautyBAR treatments to minors under the age of sixteen. Customers under the age of sixteen will not be able to book online.
Changes to our Privacy Statement
As we strive to improve our products and services, we may revise our Privacy statement from time to time. We encourage you to periodically consult this Privacy statement. If there are updates they will be posted to this Privacy page on our website along with the effective date of the revision. In the event of any significant changes to our Privacy statement, Clarins will notify affected customers by email.
If you have any questions or comments relating to our Privacy statement, please do not hesitate to contact us at:
Customer Relations Team
Unit 1 Temple House
Telephone number: 01279 774 215
Email: Contact Us Form.