How to apply face oil
Wake up to a fresh, rested complexion30 sec.
Why use face oil?
At Clarins, we have a special place in our hearts for face oils . They offer targeted, effective treatment for a variety of skin concerns – from dryness to excessive oil production. And because of their lightweight texture, oils can penetrate the deeper layers of your skin that heavier moisturisers and creams sometimes can’t reach, to deliver a concentrated dose of hydration. To make sure we wake up to a fresh and well-rested complexion, we love to blend one to two drops of face oil with our night cream. This lets us make the most of the essential oils and:
- Infuse the skin with the benefits of essential oils.
- Relax and unwind before going to bed.
- De-stress for a restful night.
Alternatively, why don't add a couple of drops to your favourite face mask, for a nourishing boost?
- Clarins +
- Our pressure draining method stimulates natural circulation and maintains the firmness of the face.
4 steps to fresh, rested skin
Blend and warm
In the palm of your hand, blend 1-2 drops of the oil with your night cream. Warm it in your hands to bring it up to the temperature of your skin and help it take effect instantly.
Take a deep breath
Bring your hands to your nose, close your eyes, and take 2 deep breaths to reap the aromatic benefits of plants and essential oils.
Use the natural weight of your hands to distribute the product evenly on your neck and décolleté.
Use the pressure draining method to stimulate circulation, bring radiance back to your complexion, and maintain firm skin. 3 times on the cheeks, 3 times on the forehead, 5 times on the neck and décolleté.
Our expert tips
Finish with a drop of oil on the inside of your wrists, take a deep breath, and you're ready for bed!
Denise Barthe, International Training Manager
How to use face oil with foundation
Oils don’t always have to be used as part of your nighttime regime. In fact, there are two ways you can incorporate a face oil into your morning makeup routine.
- You can apply the oil before foundation, which will create a nourished and hydrated base for makeup.
- Or, you can blend a few drops of face oil into your foundation, this creates a thinner consistency which will blend better into the skin.