YOUR SHOPPING BAG IS EMPTYSHOP NOW
1 - Introduction
Clarins sets great store by the protection of user’s privacy and to the respect of the legal provisions in force.
Clarins UK Ltd whose registered office is located 10 Cavendish Place, London W1G 9DN, United Kingdom and Clarins SA whose registered office is located 9 rue du Commandant Pilot, 92200 Neuilly-sur-Seine, France are joint data controllers for the website www.clarins.co.uk.
2 - When does Clarins collect your information?
We collect personal information from you when:
- you visit our website;
- you register to our website;
- you make a purchase on our website;
- you subscribe to our newsletters;
- you sign up for one of our loyalty program;
- you participate in special operations, in particular games, competitions, product tests, customers surveys or market researches;
- you are visiting one of our Spa;
- you contact us, in particular when you submit a request or a complaint to our Customer Service or when you rate or review our products and/or services;
- you have given your consent to third parties to send us personal information about you.
3 - What information do Clarins collect about you?
We consider that all information that could identify you directly or indirectly are "personal information". We may mainly collect the following personal information:
- information about your identity, in particular your gender, last name, first names, address, telephone number, email addresses, date of birth or age;
- information about your payment method, in particular your credit card number and the expiration date;
- information about our commercial relation, in particular transaction numbers, history of your purchases, your request or your communications with our Customer Service, your preferences and interests or information about one of our loyalty program;
- information about your skin (beauty concern, skin type, skin sensitivity, etc.) subject to your prior approval, in particular when asking for a beauty prescription Clarins or a treatment Clarins in one of our Spa;
- technical information, in particular your IP address or information about how your device navigates through our website.
4 - Why are your personal information collected?
Personal information may be collected mainly for the following purposes:
- Website administration;
- Processing of your orders (orders, deliveries, invoices, after sales service, etc.). This processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are party;
- Customer Relationship Management (CRM) (loyalty program, newsletters, promotions, product testing, surveys, etc.). This processing is made subject to your approval;
- Market analysis and timing (profiling on the basis of your purchasing behavior, preferences and interests, analyses while navigating through our website, statistics, reporting, etc.). This processing is made subject to your approval;
- When appropriate, prevention and fraud detection;
- Managing your request (complaints, right to access, rectify, oppose and remove, etc.); This processing is necessary to process your request.
5 – Does Clarins disclose your personal information?
We never share your personal information with other companies for marketing purposes.
Clarins is an international group that operates in many countries. The personal information we are collecting about you are intended to Clarins and are will be likely to be communicated to all the Clarins Group companies and to service providers chosen for their expertise and reliability and acting on our behalf and at our direction (IT providers, customer service, delivery, etc.).
We authorize these service providers to use your personal information only to the extent necessary to perform services on our behalf or to comply with legal requirements and we strive to ensure that your personal information are always protected.
These third parties may be located in or out the European Economic Area (EEA), including in countries that do not provide the same level of data protection as in your country of residence. In such a case, we will ensure either:
- to obtain your unambiguous consent to share your personal information with these third parties,
- to enter into appropriate data transfer agreements conforming to the Standard Model Clauses established by the European Commission,
- to comply with Binding Corporate Rules (BCR) approved by competent authorities.
Finally, we may also transmit your personal information to local authorities if required by law or as part of an investigation and in accordance with local regulations.
6 - How will Clarins protect the information about you?
Clarins takes appropriate technical and organizational measures, in relation to the nature of data and risks, to preserve the security and confidentiality of your personal information and, in particular, to prevent them from being deformed, damaged or transmitted to any unauthorized parties.
This may include practices such as retaining your personal information on a secure server protected by a firewall, the transmission of sensitive information (such as credit card number) using a secure encryption protocol (Protocol SSL), internal reviews of our practices and privacy policies and implementation of physical security measures to protect against unauthorized access.
7 - What is the policy about minors?
This website www.clarins.com is not aimed at minors.
We do not knowingly collect nor process personal information from children under the age of 18. Assuming we would have knowledge of the collect of personal information from minors without prior authorization from the holder of the parental responsibility, we would take appropriate measures to delete this personal data from our servers.
8 – What is the cookies policy of Clarins?
For more information on Clarins’ cookies policy, please see our Cookies policy
- Customer / prospect data will be kept for three years from the date of collection or after the last contact or the end of the commercial relationship, unless opposed by you. At the end of this three-year period, we may make contact with you again in order to find out whether or not you wish to continue to receive marketing approaches. If no clear positive answer is given by you, your data will be deleted or archived in accordance with the provisions in force.
- Data on credit cards will be deleted after the transaction or archived for evidence purposes in accordance with the provisions in force. Subject to your express consent, banking data may be kept until the expiration date of the credit card. We never store your visual cryptogram.
- Data to prove a right or a contract, or kept under compliance with a legal obligation can be archived in accordance with the provisions in force.
If you give us your email address, phone number or mailing address, you may receive emails, calls or periodic messages from us about our products, services or upcoming events. You can unsubscribe at any time from our mailing lists by contacting us at the address below or by following the link "unsubscribe" contained in each of our emails. You can also change your preferences at any time in your account.
In accordance with the provisions in force, you have the right to access, rectify, limit, oppose and delete personal information about you. You can also withdraw your consent at any time. To exercise these rights, you must send us a request:
CLARINS U.K. LIMITED
10 Cavendish Place
London W1G 9DN
You will be informed of the actions to be taken as soon as possible and in any case no later than one month after your request. However we reserve the right not to respond to manifestly unfounded or excessive requests.
In accordance with the provisions in force, you can also file a complaint with the competent authority responsible for data protection or lodge an appeal if your data are misused.
Direction Juridique / Délégué à la Protection des Données
12 avenue de la Porte des Ternes
Spa & BeautyBAR Online Booking Privacy Statement
Clarins (UK) Ltd Privacy Statement provides details of the personally identifiable customer data we process, hold and how we may use this. Personally identifiable information is information that concerns you, individually, and that would enable someone to contact you. Such personally identifiable information is governed by our Privacy Statement and your use of this web site constitutes your acceptance of our Privacy Statement and the practices it describes. Personally identifiable data governed by our privacy statement is detailed below:
Personal & Sensitive data collected
- Email adress
- Telephone number
- Postcode (optional)
- Medical checklist answers
This information is collected so that you can make a booking for treatment. A preferred contact method will be established, which we will store on behalf of the customer to allow us to contact you regarding your booking. The medical checklist questions are kept strictly confidential and will not be used in any communications. These questions are asked purely to provide the customer with visibility around any treatments that may not be preferable for the customer.
Disclosure of personal data
Your personally identifiable information is used for our internal business purposes only. Clarins.co.uk does not sell, rent or lease your personal information to independent third parties except as described below. We use personally identifiable information to identify account holders, open and maintain accounts, process, service and enforce transactions, send related communications to customers and to provide customer services and support
Use of personal data
We use a third party, unaffiliated company, BookingBug Ltd, to help us maintain and operate our booking system and they may receive and have access to your personally identifiable information for that purpose. Should we be required to do so, we may also disclose personally identifiable information about you in connection with a legal claim or investigation. Our booking service is non-transactional and therefore no monetary details are stored.
If the customer chooses to opt in to hear from us, they may receive relevant brand marketing. If a customer does not choose to opt in, they will not receive marketing material from Clarins, however may be contacted in relation to their booking.
If you receive information about our products from another company, clarins.co.uk has no control over the use of their data. You will need to contact the company that delivered the email to opt out of receiving ongoing emails.
Opting out of email communication
At any time, customers may opt out of our email communication through the links in our emails, including any booking confirmation email.
Sale of treatment services to children
Clarins do not permit the sale of its Skin Spa or BeautyBAR treatments to minors under the age of sixteen. Customers under the age of sixteen will not be able to book online.
Changes to our Privacy Statement
As we strive to improve our products and services, we may revise our Privacy Statement from time to time. We encourage you to periodically consult this Privacy Statement. If there are updates, they will be posted to this Privacy page on our web site along with the effective date of the revision. In the event of any significant changes to our Privacy Statement, clarins.co.uk will notify affected customers by E-mail.
If you have any questions or comments relating to our privacy statement, please do not hesitate to contact us at:
Customer Relations Team
Unit 1 Temple House
Telephone number: 01279 774 215